Doha: Until yesterday, The Ministry of Municipality and Environment issued 355 advertising licenses to all candidates. A total of 2,169 advertising boards were distributed in Qatar across all municipalities.
Following are the numbers of advertising boards distributed to each municipality:
- Doha Municipality: 832 boards
- Al Sheehaniya Municipality: 147 boards
- Al Rayyan Municipality: 462 boards
- Umm Salal Municipality: 137 boards
- Al Shamal Municipality: 112 boards
- Al Wakrah Municipality: 114 boards
The issuance of licences for electoral campaigning for Shura Council candidates has been completed, according to Assistant Undersecretary for Municipal Affairs at the Ministry of Municipality and Environment, Mansour Abdullah Al Mahmoud.
To facilitate the procedures, to overcome any difficulties and to ensure that the licenses are issued quickly, a central control room has been established. Applicants submit the applications via the official website of the ministry or through the e-mail address assigned to each of the eight municipalities.