Doha: The Ministry of Education and Higher Education announced that the kindergartens, schools and higher education institutions will return to study from Sunday, October 3, 2021, onwards. The Ministry also has allowed full attendance of students at 100% of the approved capacity of the school building.
As part of the plan to gradually lift restrictions imposed by the Ministry as a result of fighting the Coronavirus (Covid-19), the Ministry announced the easing of several precautionary measures and restrictions from Sunday, October 3, 2021, in Qatar, with the following conditions:
- Maintaining a minimum of one metre between the student and his colleague.
- Keeping a safe space between the employee and his coworker in employee rooms and offices.
- Prevent disease by following preventative measures such as handwashing and disinfection with disinfectants on a regular basis.
- The attendance and absence policies will continue to be followed.
- All students, as well as administrative and instructional staff, must wear masks when in schools and higher education institutions.
- Using the bubble system in education and transportation.
- Allowing students to be transported by buses with a capacity of 75 per cent.
- Follow the precautionary decisions and steps in the fourth phase of the strategy to lift the precautionary restrictions in Qatar.
Taking a rapid test or a PCR test on a weekly basis for those not receiving the Covid-19 vaccine for those students above the age of 12 years or employees in schools, kindergartens, and higher education institutions. The procedure of examination excludes those who have recovered from diseases.