The Ministry of Education and Higher Education of Qatar stated in a tweet that, they have decided to adopt a blended education system. Every public and private school can have an attendance rate of 50% of the capacity of the buildings. The system will continue for the full of 2021-2022. The children are set to resume their classes on August 29.
The schools that only have a small number of students can have 100% attendance. But they should maintain the physical distance between the students and should not exceed the maximum number of students.
#Alert The Ministry of Education and Higher Education has decided to adopt the blended education system with a rotating attendance system of 50% in all schools in Qatar for the academic year 2021/2022.
— Gulf Times (@GulfTimes_QATAR) August 17, 2021
The Ministry of Education and Higher Education of Qatar also stated that all schools should strictly adhere to the following precautionary and preventive measures:
- Everyone should wear masks in the school building.
- The entry and exit of students to and fro the classrooms should be organized and should continue the bubble system.
- Students should eat their meals inside the classrooms.
- Emphasis on implementation of 50% capacity in school buses.
- Limit the students to a maximum of 15 students, leaving a distance of 1.5 meters between each student and their classmates.
- There should have a distance of 1.5 metres between each student and their classmates.
- The classrooms should not exceed the maximum of 15 students.
- Every student should take their central and semestral exams inside the school building.
- Students who suffer from diseases that prevent them from attending the classes are excluded from attendance. They can attend the classes remotely via online systems. As determined by the Ministry of Public Health those excluded from attendance must submit a recent medical certificate, approved by the Ministry.
The Ministry stressed the need for adhering to the precautionary and preventive measures imposed on the private, public and kindergartens in Qatar. The Ministry of Education and Higher Education of Qatar also stated that the health and safety of its students, teaching staff, administration and all school workers are one of its most important priorities.